BAC DANCE COMPANY AUDITIONS
BAC wil be auditioning students in grade 6-12 for our Dance Company. Company classes are advanced placement for serious students with talent, commitment, and passion. Students must meet (and maintain) a high standard of excellence in dance to be a company member.
We are Auditioning the following 2 Company classes
- ENCORE DANCE COMPANY - Grade 6-8 You must be in MIDDLE SCHOOL to try out
- SENIOR DANCE COMPANY - Grade 9-12 You must be in HIGH SCHOOL to try out
PLEASE VIEW THE SCHEDULE ONLINE AND MAKE SURE YOU CAN COMMIT TO ALL COMPANY CLASS DAYS & TUITION FEES BEFORE AUDITIONING
Students are judged on the following criteria:
TECHNIQUE - Students need to execute skills "cleanly" with proper form, accuracy and consistency. We are looking for students with a strong quality of movement, good balance, energy & flexibility Students must show they can pick up choreography quickly and accurately
WORK ETHIC - We are looking for hard workers. Dancers who always dance "full out" with energy and enthusiasm giving every class 110% effort. We look for dancers who RECEIVE AND APPLY corrections with out excuses or attitude.
EXPERIENCE - Students need current & extensive training in ballet, tap & jazz and should be dancing at least 2x a week and have at least 1 FULL SEASON of Technique class Having additional drama experience is also highly appreciated. Since Senior Company Dances On Pointe - dancers need at least 1 full season of POINTE and be proficient on pointe (off the barre) to be considered for Sr Company.
COMMITMENT - Company classes require a significantly bigger Financial and time commitment. While most recreational classes meet ONCE a week for 45-90 MINUTES - company students meet multiple days a week and train up to 4-5 HOURS weekly. Additionally Company students are expected to work at home on days off from class. Company students are also expected to participate in studio events in the community including festivals, parades, holiday shows as well as attend workshops, clinics and productions at the studio.
ATTENDANCE - We are looking for students who held an exemplary attendance record last season (did not miss more than 3 classes)
BEHAVIOR- Students must have demonstrated excellent class behavior last season (were focused and attentive ) took their class time seriously ( no talking/socializing) gave every class 100% effort and maintained a positive attitude
ADVANCED SKILLS - Company classes are intended for advanced dancers - you must ALREADY HAVE strong skills and solid technique be to To be considered. Students will be judged on their mastery of the following skills - including but not limited to: Full Split (Right/Left), Heel Stretch (Balance 8 counts), Clean double pirouette, Chaine Turns, fouette turns, grande jete, side leap, double stag. Additionally we are looking for students with strong performance ability and can perform with lots of energy, personality and expression.
DEDICATION - Students must be willing to make dance classes a priority over other activities and are expected to participate the additional performance opportunites and/or educational experiences that arise during the season. This may mean giving up time with friends, sports and other after school activities if they conflict with dance classes or events. For occasional conflicts private lessons or make up classes can be arranged (must be approved by the studio)
AUDITIONS: THUR AUG 2 & MON AUG 6
You must attend BOTH days of auditions to be considered. Please Print and bring a SIGNED CONTRACT and COMPLETED AUDITION FORM
THURSDAY AUG 2: Dancers will learn a piece of choreography that they will perform when they come back on Monday.
- DAY 1 4;30-5:30 (Grade 6-8) Come prepared to learn a JAZZ piece (You must be in Middle school to attend this audition)
- DAY 1 5:45-6:45 (Grade 9-12) Come prepared to learn a POINTE piece (in pointe shoes) and a JAZZ piece. (You must be in High School to attend this audition)
MONDAY AUG 6: Dancers perform the audition pieces in groups and asked to demonstrate other skills including but not limited to: Spits, Heel stretch, Turns, Leaps & Battements (kicks) Students will be scored on these skills, choreography and on the critera listed above (past training, attendance, attitude, effort, participation in extra events, etc )
- DAY 2 4:30-6:00 (Grade 6-8) Come prepared to perform the audition piece and demonstrate the skills (You must be in Middle school to attend this audition)
- DAY 2 6:15-7:45 (Grade 9-12) Come prepared to perform the POINTE (in pointe shoes) and Jazz pieces and demonstrate the skills listed above. (You must be in High School to attend this audition)
CONTRACTS & FORMS: ALL AUDITIONING MUST BRING A COMPANY CONTRACT TO THE AUDITION (Signed By Parent & Dancer) (This contract does not mean you are IN the company - but that IF you make company you agree to the company policies) and a Completed AUDITION FORM
PLEASE PRINT, SIGN/FILL OUT AND BRING THE FOLLOWING TO AUDITION :
1. AUDITION FORM 2. COMPANY CONTRACT 3. CLASS ETIQUETTE PAGE.
AUDITION FEE: There is a $25 (Non-refundable) AUDITION FEE to attend. This fee is waived for students who are already registered for next season (in any class)
WEAR: Solid Black Leotard & Tan Tights. You many wear Solid Black compression shorts if you wish. Hair in a bun. NO T-SHIRTS, NO JEWELRY.
- GRADE 6-8 JAZZ SHOES
- GRADE 9-12 POINTE SHOES & JAZZ SHOES
TIMES: SEE BELOW
- ENCORE: GR 6-8 Thur Aug 2 (4:30-5:30) & Mon Aug 6 (4:30-6:00)
- SENIOR: GR 9-12 Thur Aug 2 (5:45-6:45) & Mon Aug 6 (6:15-7:45)
- You will only attend the audition for your grade. This season we are only considering HIGH SCHOOLERS for Senior company and MIDDLE SCHOOLERS for Encore.